Basic Kung Fu
This is where all potential students start, with the basic elements of Kung Fu. You will start with stretching, basic conditioning, basic forms building your fitness levels and endurance. All students will also continue training in the Basic Kung Fu classes even after moving to GBSC which is the next stage in your education.
"Kung Fu" & Wu Shu
Gong Fu or Wushu is a collective term in Chinese meaning Martial Arts. But Kung Fu or Gongfu is in fact can be a colloquialism meaning skills, accomplishments completely non-related to Martial Arts.
Today's Wushu often in the west refers to modernized sports Wushu, which in Chinese literal equivalent of "Chinese martial art" would be Zhongguo wushu.
Kungfu at our institute is traditional Wushu which is a traditional Chinese combat sport, holistic healing as well as an art form, all of which emphasize both internal and external aspects of martial arts, with combat fighting movements as its main contents. It has two main categories: routine exercises and free combat fighting as its forms. Wushu, a time-honored sport in China, traces to as early as the clan community in primitive societies (before 2600 B.C.). Kungfu is a more familiar general term for Chinese traditional Martial Arts, especially Shaolin Kungfu.
Kungfu has form routines, and combat fighting such can be practiced in Kungfu pairing, defense and offense fighting as well as Sanshou/Sanda and Qinna-Shuaijiao.
"Shaolin Kung Fu" (Gong Fu)
- "Shaolin Kung Fu" (Gong Fu) inherited by the Shaolin Institute, was evolved from the over 1500- year old Shaolin Temple, China which in fact is the actual practice of Chan freedom of mind and freedom of body movements expressed in Kung Fu form. Shaolin KungFu applies thousands of bodily motions to express our minds, our emotions and our thoughts.
- Shaolin Kung Fu is for attaining harmony, to increase an individualâ€™s health, mental attitude and encourage a deeper awareness and focus. We also strive to have our students become positive community representatives. This begins with the instructorâ€™s attitude towards teaching and towards their students. You will be encouraged in every step along the way to make sure of your progress.
- Shaolin represents traditional Chan culture, symbolize the ancient way of loyalty and integrity and a way of life that leads to inner freedom of thinking and freedom of thoughts and freedom of expressions.
- Today's Shaolin Kung Fu practice is no pastime but the most serious path in life. Kungfu is a Chan way of life, meditation in Chan to recover our true-self to be outgrown, our ego.
- Shaolin Kung Fu is a Chan way of life in practice, a step-by-step body and mind experience of meditation, of mindfulness and tough physical motions, along with a complete change of the accustomed life. Shaolin Kungfu is Chan in reality like "boiling oil over a blazing fire". If we wish to travel in depth in Kungfu, to have enlightenment in Chan, we must go through scorching experience before the truth of Kungfu Chan smiles upon us. It is not an easy task.
- Through the expression of Shaolin Chan Kungfu meditation of infinite motion, we see the infinite possibility in life and we discover the third eye we have all forgotten we have. We see our sub- consciousness filled with countless possible images, so as to provide us power to see into the nature of our own being that may lie hidden.