1. “Shaolin Kung Fu” (Gong Fu) inherited by the Shaolin Institute, evolved from the over 1,500-year old Shaolin Temple in China which, in fact, is the actual practice of Chan freedom of mind and body movements expressed in Kung Fu form. Shaolin Kung Fu applies thousands of bodily motions to express our minds, emotions and thoughts.
2. Shaolin Kung Fu is for attaining harmony, increase an individual’s health and mental attitude, and encourage a deeper awareness and focus. We also strive to have our students become positive community representatives. This begins with the instructor’s attitude towards teaching and their students. You will be encouraged every step along the way to make sure of your progress.
3. Shaolin represents traditional Chan culture, symbolize the ancient way of loyalty and integrity and a way of life that leads to inner freedom of thinking/thoughts expressions.
4. Today’s Shaolin Kung Fu practice is not a pastime but the most serious path in life. Kung Fu is a Chan way of life. Meditation in Chan recovers our true self, to outgrow the ego.
5. Shaolin Kung Fu is a Chan way of life in practice, a step-by-step body and mind experience of meditation, mindfulness and tough physical motions, along with a complete change of the accustomed life. Shaolin Kung Fu is Chan in reality, like “boiling oil over a blazing fire”. If we wish to travel in-depth in Kung Fu, to have enlightenment in Chan, we must go through scorching experience before the truth of Kung Fu Chan smiles upon us. It is not an easy task.
6. Through the expression of Shaolin Chan Kung Fu meditation of infinite motion, we see the infinite possibility in life and discover the third eye we may have forgotten. We see our sub-consciousness filled with countless possible images as to provide us power to see into the nature of our own being that may lie hidden.